CVT is here now and forever!
A track system made in the USA, designed by model railroaders to provide the HO hobbyist with model track that matches the detail & quality of 21st. century rolling stock on the market today!
Central Valley "CVT" offers a full range of Mainline, Branch Line, Switch angles, and tie schedules never before available in any scale unless you constructed it yourself. That is what master model builder "Jack Parker" did to construct and deliver CVT to all HO modelers who would like to see track that matches their rolling stock. Using the "CVT" system, modelers can now enjoy the pride and self-accomplishment in owning museum quality model track! The "CVT" track system builds up much like the prototype and it's not any harder to put down than pre-fabbed "Flex" type track systems.
Modelers can enjoy these handy features designed into all "CVT" track products made in the USA by the master model builders at Central Valley Model Works.
|| Price Range
|| $150.00 - $400.00
|| $400.00 - $1,000.00
|| $1,000.00 & UP
"CVT" Switch, Mainline (2001), & Branch Line (2002) Tie Strips offer:
- Self-gauging molded tie-plate detail for code 83, & code 70, and some code 55 rail!
- Special "Half-Tie" at ends for gluing strips end-to-end for long smooth runs!
- Flexible connecting web at bottom of ties for realistic ballasting that allows surface wiring to slip under the rail foot for easy soldering and access which hides easily under ground cover and ballast!
- Alignment Sights to aid in following curves along a centerline created by the model
CVT borrows from the old, we added some new things and it is here now. Having read the saga of my track laying on the old layout, consider these features:
- Ties are injection molded precisely equal in thickness from tie to tie. If the roadbed is accurate, the track will be! CVT is molded in black high impact styrene so basic color is established. It can be easily painted, while still on the sprue!
- The ties are connected under one rail allowing true flexibility. This feature allows the ties to spread or "fan" evenly or compress evenly when curved. This configuration allows radii down to 6" or even 4" (attention traction folks) without losing gauge. Try that with flexible pre-fab track!
- Being styrene, the ties can be drenched with water-based glues, paints and stains which can be wiped clean with no warping or shrinking!
- The ties are self-gauging with scale tie plate and simulated spike detail. If a gluing technique is used, simple weights can be used to hold the rails in place!
- The tie plate detail is designed for code 70 and code 83 rail sizes. With extra attention to gauging, code 55 can be used. Code 100 - sorry, but, we can recommend a large company in New Jersey who can help you!
- The 12" sections can be glued together to make continuous lengths. Long sections can be "rolled" out, pinned into proposed positions giving a preview of what the finished track is going to look like. This goes back to the old fiber tie strip days. We did a lot of that previewing while we were saving up for the rail (@ .99 per hundred ft.)!
- A sighting device is provided on a few ties spaced along each section that assists in aligning the track on a drawn centerline!
- The connecting web is at the BOTTOM of the ties so that it is covered with ballast or earth. When finished track is viewed from low or eye level, you can see UNDER the rails!
- Two distinct styles are provided, giving a clear contrast representing mainline and branch line trackage. This effect is even stronger with the use of more than one rail size. The branch line type (CVT #2002) should be popular with those who model period and traction themes. Most assembled flexible track products represent neither branch line or mainline - just a compromise!
- CVT is economical, usually less that existing flexible pre-fab "fine" track. Far less is you shop around for your rail.
- There is less rail waste (joining curves with flexible pre-fab requires cutting of the excess rail) with CVT, there is no wastage of tie material or rail!
- The final results exceed anything ever at any cost for realism for very little more, some say less, effort than so-called flexible pre-fab track offers. You also have your choice of rail size!
- No splitting, crushing, warping or shrinking of wood and fiber materials. Not a termite in a carload!
Thank you for visiting
Central Valley Model Works, Inc. © 2004-2021
Contact the webmaster